- There are two ways you can purchase a PANTONE® subscription. Use the add to cart button in the section above or purchase through our mobile apps on the App Store or Google Play.
- If you purchase a subscription through the website, you will receive an email with a redemption link. If you don’t have the app, you’ll be directed to first download the app from either the App Store or Google Play.
- Yes, simply contact customer support and provide us with the email you used to purchase your licenses and we will locate your redemption code.
- Yes. If you manage a team and would like to bundle your subscription for multiple users, simply add the number of subscriptions you need to your cart and check out as you normally would. Once your order is processed, you’ll receive an email that you can forward to those you’d like to share the subscriptions with. When they click to redeem the subscription in their app, you’ll receive an email alerting you. If you need to update who has access to the subscriptions you purchased, you can do so at any time by revoking a certain email address.
- Yes. Contact customer support and we will assist you in switching your license to the appropriate hardware.
- If you’ve shared a subscription with another person you are able to revoke that privilege and give it to another person. However, if you are the admin account, you will lose all data associated with your account on the app (i.e. saved colors, compare history).
- No. Color Muse, Color Muse SE, Spectro 1 (license coming soon) and Spectro 1 Pro (license coming soon) will all connect with the PANTONE® library once the subscription has been purchased. This does not apply to the NODE +.
- If you have a Color Muse or Color Muse SE you can access your PANTONE® subscription on either the Color Muse app or the Variable Color app. If you have a Spectro 1 or Spectro 1 Pro, you can access the subscription on the Spectro by Variable app and on Variable Color (spectro license coming soon).
- Yes. To access the PANTONE® libraries, you need to sign in with the email that was used to purchase the subscription or that your team leader added for your subscription.
Using the Subscription
- No. Each subscription only works for the hardware it was purchased for. I.e. A PANTONE® license for Color Muse will only work when the app is connected with Color Muse.
- Users may access color data that includes CMYK, sRGB, and Hex codes.
- We provide access to eight PANTONE® digital color libraries. i. PANTONE® Formula Guide Solid Coated ii. PANTONE® Formula Guide Solid Uncoated iii. PANTONE® CMYK Coated iv. PANTONE® CMYK Uncoated v. PANTONE® Color Bridge Coated vi. PANTONE® Color Bridge Uncoated vii. PANTONE® FASHION, HOME + INTERIORS Color Guide - Paper 1 viii. PANTONE® FASHION, HOME + INTERIORS Color Guide - Paper 2
- Depending on the device you are using, PANTONE® libraries are accessible on three apps: the Color Muse app, Spectro by Variable app (license coming soon), and Variable Color (license coming soon).
- Yes. All Variable apps are available to use on both iOS and Android.
- If your fan decks are older than 12 to 18 months, PANTONE® recommends replacing them because due to handling, exposure to light, and age, the colors may not appear as accurate as when you first purchased the decks.
- Yes. The device must be connected to the internet in order to match colors.
- No. The devices are only able to pair with the mobile apps provided.
- These differentials refer to the texture of the paper, ink absorption, and how the final color looks on the paper. A coated paper is similar to what you’d find in coffee-table books with lots of photography or posters for your wall. The paper is shiny and ink absorption is low. An uncoated paper is the opposite. The paper has a high ink absorption and is not shiny. Both sources will present colors differently.
- PANTONE® Matching System.
Renewing my Subscription
- Subscriptions purchased online are for one year. Subscriptions purchased in the app renew either monthly or annually.
- If you purchased an annual license directly on our website, it will not auto renew. However, if you purchase your subscription through the app, it will auto renew either monthly or annually.
Ending my Subscription
- Your saved PANTONE® colors will disappear. However, if you resubscribe they will reappear.
- Refunds are not available for the monthly in-app PANTONE® subscription.
- Yes, if you purchased your subscription on our website and are requesting to cancel it within the first 30 days.
If you still have questions please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request via the “Support Request” form.
Direct Access to PANTONE® colors in the Color Muse app*
Available in app only
What you get:
Access to the following PANTONE® color libraries within the Color Muse app (over 16,500 colors):
• PANTONE® Formula Guide Solid Coated
• PANTONE® Formula Guide Solid Uncoated
• PANTONE® CMYK Coated
• PANTONE® CMYK Uncoated
• PANTONE® Color Bridge Coated
• PANTONE® Color Bridge Uncoated
• PANTONE® FASHION, HOME + INTERIORS Color Guide - Paper
Within the PANTONE® color libraries listed above users will have the ability to:
• Scan and locate the closest available PANTONE® color.
• Compare PANTONE® colors to captured colors.
• Save and share PANTONE® colors to saved color palettes.
Lab values, lab plots, and spectral data will not be available for PANTONE® colors.
Please view our Terms and Conditions for more info.
Pantone is the copyright owner of color data and/or software which are licensed to Variable, Inc. to distribute for use only in combination with Color Muse, Variable Color, and Spectro by Variable. PANTONE Color Data and/or Software shall not be copied onto another disk or into memory unless as part of the execution of Color Muse, Variable Color, and Spectro by Variable.