Getting started with your Color Muse tool is easy and straightforward. Here are the simple steps you need to take:
• Once you have purchased the Color Muse device, click here to download the associated app. You can also search "Color Muse" on the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
• Once you have downloaded the app to your device, simply launch the “Color Muse” app and select the desired account option. Options include: create a new account, login with your existing credentials or choose to utilize the account without creating a user account.
Note: If you choose to utilize the app without creating a user account or without logging in, some features will not be available to you, such as being able to upload pictures or save palettes.
• In the app, tap “connect device.”
• Then press the button on the Color Muse device (near the USB port) to wake the device. You will know that the device is activated when you see that the LED light flashes.
• The LED light flashes more quickly once your smartphone or iPad finds your Color Muse device (this usually occurs in less than 5 seconds). Tap the button on the Color Muse device to confirm the connection.
• Once connected, the app will prompt you to calibrate your device. Ensure your calibration cap is secured to your Color Muse device. Then, tap the “calibrate” button that appears at the bottom of the screen in the app.
• Once the app confirms you have successfully calibrated your device, you can twist and remove the calibration cap to reveal the sensor.
Note: The calibration cap will screw onto the back end of the device for safe keeping while you are scanning.
Troubleshooting: If the device does not connect to your smartphone or iPad, press and hold the button on the Color Muse device for 15 seconds and then release. This will prompt a hard reset and you can start the connection process again.
• Now that your device and the app are connected and calibrated, you are ready to begin scanning colors.
• Place the Color Muse device against any surface and tap the “scan” button on the app. The scanned color will appear on the screen.
Note: The color you scanned may not “appear” accurate on your device, but this is simply due to the limitations of smartphone and iPad color display capabilities. The attributes of the color you have scanned are truly accurate as captured in the app.
• Matching results will be displayed with top results listed first, second closest matches listed second, and so on.